Mint Roti (Pudina Roti)
Mint is a magic ingredient, which adds zing to any preparation, however simple. Here is a simple process of dry roasting and crushing the leaves boosts the aroma of mint extraordinarily, adding a flavourful punch to the whole wheat flour rotis.
Pudina roti is such a healthy dish with a wonderful aroma. Its a healthy treat for your taste buds. This is my most favourite style of eating roti. Its a lighter version of roti and I just love it. Check it out the Pudina Roti Recipe here!!
Check it out the Mint Roti recipe here!!
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup mint,finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- Oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Mint Roti:
- Sift the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and mint and knead a stiff but non-sticky dough..
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 parts.
- Shape like balls and press flat with the palm of your hand.
- Roll out the roti into a round disc about 5″ diameter.
- Put roti on a preheated griddle, dry roast both sides first then spread oil on both sides and shallow fry until well browned.
- Mint Roti is ready to serve.
- Serve with any pickle or raita.
Leave a Reply