Well, when I am sad and tired and overall cranky, I likes to eat the food prepared by my mothers hand, the flavorful easy to make food I grew up eating and these Tandoori Spiced Baked Chicken in Yogurt Masala hit the spot. Neither World’s most expensive dish Nor World’s best restaurant can compete Home Cooked Food by Mothers Hand 🙂
On to today’s recipe!
Tandoori Spiced Baked Chicken
Today’s recipe is a favorite of me and my family. It’s a revamped version of this tandoori Roast Chicken Recipe which is one of my popular recipes on the blog! Why is it revamped? Well, because this recipe is more of tastiest than the old one and this is my favorite version: the chicken is deliciously spiced with yogurt marination, and the mango chutney served alongside adds fruity, tangy flavor.
To pair with the creamy yogurt, and spices, instead of using bone-in chicken or pieces of chicken breast, My mom used chicken thigh and wings. Chicken thigh is fattier, juicer and much more tender than chicken breast – I’m actually not a fan of chicken breast at all due to how tough and rubbery it is. Chicken thigh releases its juices during the cooking process, which leads to a deeply, beautifully flavored tandoori chicken which literally melts in your mouth – something chicken breast can’t do without extended marination times and slow cooking.
This Tandoori Spiced Baked Chicken is very popular in Pakistani restaurants and is usually served with naan bread and chutney. This dish is a great recipes to cook for your house parties and is loved by one and all.
If you have the ingredients on hand and a micro-plane or grater, tandoori chicken wings are so easy to make! Goes great served with Zeera Raita(cumin yogurt dip) or mango chutney, lemon wedges and some onion rings.
Bismillah, let’s get started!
Check it out the Tandoori Spiced Baked Chicken In Yogurt Masala recipe and printable version below.
Tandoori Spiced Baked Chicken In Yogurt Masala Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 limes quartered
- onion rings
- Make two deep slits crossways on the meaty parts of chicken piece.
- Sprinkle the salt over the chicken and squeeze over some of the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger and garlic, plus all of the spices. Mix well and remove any lumps in the yogurt.
- Put the chicken into the yogurt mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for about 4 hours to overnight, which is ideal.
- Preheat an oven to 200 degree C.
- Put the marinated chicken into a deep heat-proof dish. Cover with a lid or foil with holes poked in the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes then move the meat around with a spoon.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, uncovering the dish for the last 15 minutes of baking only.
- Use tongs to remove the meat from the dish and the yogurt sauce and place on a separate tray to broil or use the broil setting on your oven to sear the meat, about 5 minutes each side.Tandoori Spiced Baked Chicken is ready to serve. Enjoy!!
If you prefer the chicken to be a bright red colour, and a few drops of red coloring into the marinade. Serving Suggestions:
Serve with fresh naan bread, onion rings, lemon wedges and a yogurt sauce on the side for dipping.
I have also posted Tandoori Moti Tikka Recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Tandoori Chicken. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.