Isn’t the Title Interesting?Look down at the Picture just scrumptious and believe me the recipe is so simple.
Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi
Today, I come up with a new recipe: “Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi “. It is one of most popular Pakistani dish that you will come across almost every Pakistani restaurant menu anywhere in the world.
Lahore is famous for its culturally enriched food items.. impossible to be on diet there 😛 lol. People here in Lahore are known as food lover, which is why many new restaurants are constantly opening.
As all of you know, I always tempted to try popular dishes at home, and perfecting it as possible as I could. One among them was this “Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi”.
Mutton Karahi is a specialty of Lahori food, this dish is made by stir-frying small cubes of lamb or mutton with tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, and garlic in a karahi, the wok-like pan that gives the dish its name.I made it with a less fat. But taste was so good and excellent. Meat was so tender, juicy, deeply marinated in the masala (gravy) and uniformly cooked.
Very simple and lip smacking dish for anyone who love to have spicy treat occasionally. Its so simple that if you have ingredients in hand then Ready get set go.
It pairs the best with butter naan, or simply plain naan and may be served along with rice, tandoor roti and even homemade chapati’s along with zeera or mint raita and onion rings.
Let the meat eating begin!
Check it out the Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi recipe and printable version below!!
Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi
I always tempted to try popular dishes at home, and perfecting it as possible as I could. One among them was this “Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi”.It is one of most popular Pakistani dish that you will come across almost every Pakistani restaurant menu anywhere in the world.
- 1-1/2 kg lamb or mutton
- 1/2 cup pure butter
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 to matoes (cut into four pieces)
- 3 onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup garlic water (mix 1 tsp garlic paste with 1 tsp lemon juice in 1/2 cup of water)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds (roasted & crushed)
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds (roasted & crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder (for sprinkling)
- fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- ginger (cut in julienne)
- lemon (thinly sliced)
- tomato (thinly sliced)
- naan or butter naan
- Melt butter in a deep wok or pan over medium heat.
- Fry onions for 3-4 minutes or until transculent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and meat. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until meat change its color.
- Mix well and don’t add any water.
- Meat cooked in its own juice
- Cover with lid and cook for 45 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add tomatoes, cover it again and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add all spices excpet black pepper, mix well.
- Cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes then add yogurt, green chilies and black pepper.
- Cook for another 15 minutes or until oil comes on top.
- Now add garlic water and cook for 10 more minutes or until meat is tender and gravy is thickened.
- Sprinkle garam masala over it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, green chilies, lemon slices, and ginger.
- Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve with butter naan along with raita and ring onions.
I have also posted Chicken Karahi and Kebab Karahi which are another easiest & tastiest version of making karahi. Do check it out as well.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
If you like this Restaurant Style Lahori Mutton Karahi, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply