This homemade Lamb Burgers recipe is so quick and simple to make, with just few ingredients. You won’t want to buy ready-made ever again!
Homemade Lamb Burgers
Lamb burgers are a wonderful alternative to beef burgers and are incredibly easy to make and the spicy rub gives full-on Asian flavour. They can be served with homemade coleslaw, oven-baked Potato Wedges or with a delicious Homemade Hummus.
The lamb, however lean, is rich, packed with protein and nutrients and earthy in flavor. Lamb and herbs are both champions of spring and when combined into a burger and met with a hot grill or pan it marks the intersection of spring and summer.
The burger is simply adorned with creamy cabbage coleslaw, and a tomato seared over the grill to encourage sweetness and to create a texture that melts into the burger. This is the sort of burger that calls for a soft bun; a brioche or potato roll are both great contenders.
These burgers do not fall apart. However, if you want them more dense and hard you can use organic cornstarch. Buy organic to stay away from nasty GMOs.
This recipe is really quite simple and can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd. Use whatever mix of fresh herbs you have on hand keeping to mostly the light leafy ones like mint (lamb LOVES mint) parsley, chives, dill, basil, etc. The lamb mince gives these burgers an excellent texture, but the recipe works equally well with minced beef or chicken, turkey.
It actually doubles as the perfect party food because you can prepare and cook the burgers and coleslaw in advance and just heat them up and prepare the burger buns when needed so you spend more time with guests rather than in the kitchen. IMPRESS guests at your barbecue with these succulent Homemade Lamb burgers, also perfect for simple suppers.
Some Tips to make The Tasty Homemade Lamb Burgers
I’ve added the full recipe below. However here are a few tips…
- Keep it simple – There are lots of recipes out there that add all sorts to the burgers. In my opinion it’s just not necessary. I use just few simple ingredients – lamb mince, herb seasoning (my fav seasoning), little cheese, egg and bread crumbs.
- That said, once you can make a great basic burger than why not start having a play with flavorings, you can add all sorts of herbs and spices. I even sometimes go for a hidden cheesy center!
- Don’t go too lean with your mince. There’s a bit of olive oil added to meat to tenderize and add in a bit of fat. I love the how lean lamb is but for the grill a bit of fat helps to ensure the burgers stay tender and juicy.
- In all my other recipes with mince I use extra lean so cut down on the fat. However, when you’re making something so simple a little extra fat tastes better.
- The better the mince the better the burger. These burgers are simple lamb mince with herbs to enhance the flavour. If you buy rubbish mince then there’s no disguising it with other ingredients.
- Don’t play around with it while it’s cooking. The more you play with it, the more of the juices will flow out and it’ll make your burger drier.
Check it out the Homemade Lamb Burger with Coleslaw recipe and printable version here!!
I do hope that your plans for this holiday weekend teeter more to the side of savoring than that of to-doing.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Recipestable. I’d love to see what you cook!