As a child I was not the veggie lover I am today.When my mommy cooked veggies, I was apprehensive. Vegetables? Ew! A few years have passed since then and I love veggies of all shapes and sizes.
This weekend, I had a day off and I decided to cook nothing but finger foods. I knew I wanted veggie pizza, but I wanted something more convenient and easier to eat. I have found that when I make veggie pizza in the flat pizza style, it can be a little messy to eat because the toppings want to fall off. So, I did a quick Youtube search and found the recipe I used as inspiration for my Veggie Pizza Cups.
Veggie Pizza Cups
Ramadan is coming and with it comes family get-together’s and parties. And if you need an easy to make appetizer recipe for your next party, then you should try this Veggie Pizza Cups. There’s no reason for buying store made appetizers when they’re so easy to make, fun & cheap and are guaranteed to be a hit at your next party. Don’t slave away in the kitchen when you could be enjoying the party!
The idea may seem daunting at first but I hope by now I’ve got you well acquainted with handling different types of pizza’s. Be it: my The Perfect pizza dough recipe used to make not just this beautiful Baby Chicken Bread but also these cute little Mini Pizza Cups. Or this super easy and frugal recipe for Pizza Paratha. And how can we forget, my all-time favorite, the soft puffy Pizza Rolls …O’so good!
It’s one of my favorite finger food. It’s amazing that just a few basic ingredients can come together into something so delicious. For topping, I decided to use mixed veggies (corn, carrot, capsicum, green onion) and mushrooms in these because they’re my favorites veggies, but you could easily mix it up and use any toppings you like. I really do recommend making it as listed though, because these were just perfect. It tastes just like you’re eating a slice of pizza! Don’t skip out on the Italian Seasoning either – I think it adds a lot of flavor.
They tasted delicious and impressed my family without making a mess. I will definitely be making them again this holiday season.
These Veggie Pizza Cups can be used for appetizers, party snacks, a light lunch, the first course of a dinner. Perfect party for picky eaters.
It would freeze well if you decided to double the batch. Enjoy 🙂
Check it out the Veggie Pizza Cups recipe and printable version here!!
Veggie Pizza Cups
- 1 lb your favorite pizza dough
- 3/4 cup "pizza sauce
- 1 cup mixed veggies i used corn, green pepper, green onion, carrot, mushrooms
- 6 olives thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180° or 350°F.
- Grease you muffin tin and set aside.
- Chop your veggies toppings ( the smaller they are, the easier they are to fit into the pizza cups). Here I used green pepper, green onion, corn, carrot, corn, mushrooms and olives.
- Feel free to experiment and use different veggies, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, pineapple, etc.
- Next you need to flatten out your dough, and then cut out large circles of dough to place in your muffin tray.
- Gently press the circles into the greased muffin tin cups. Make sure there is just enough dough popping up over the edges of each cup.
- Now for the fun part: stuff your pizza cups! I put a bit of basil olive oil on the bottom of each cup, followed by a teaspoon of pizza sauce, a pinch of cheese, all the veggie toppings I could fit, then topped again with another pinch of cheese and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown (mine took 13 minutes for the dough to start to turn golden brown and for the cheese to bubble).
- Remove from the oven and Serve almost immediately. Enjoy!!
Great as an appetizer, or a casual night dinner with a salad!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #Recipestable. I’d love to see what you cook!