Happy Monday everyone.
I hope everyone has a beautiful, positive and productive week. Today starts a new chapter in my life, ‘Uni started again’. Hopefully, I’ll try to update the blog more regularly. (InshaAllah)
Do you find ways to celebrate everyday occasions like me?
Let’s Celebrate This Special Day with Vanilla Cupcakes!
Cupcakes are an easy way to make an beautiful yet tasty dessert without much effort. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite Vanilla Cupcakes recipe. I love this recipe because it includes butter milk to make it lighter and fluffier. The best ever recipe that makes the moistest cupcakes and perfect chocolate on top of it! This recipe is perfect for the upcoming holiday summer season and is sure to become a favorite.
I actually made these a long time back but never really got around to editing the pictures which is why I didn’t post them. They look super pretty and I wanted them to look like it in the pictures so I took my time with them.
These cupcakes are plain vanilla flavored (which is very difficult to get right) and are so moist that they’ll actually dissolve in your mouth the minute you take a bite. Pillowy soft, these cupcakes are topped with favorite chocolate frosting made with unsalted butter and whipping cream which gives it that perfect flavour without making it heavy.
Having a staple recipe is so handy, and this one is great with other flavours added. The frosting.. well it’s a whole other thing! It is divine, and rich, and well, perfect to go with anything.
Check it out the Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting recipe and printable version here!!
Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted at room temperature
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For Chocolate Frosting
- 2 cups 350 gm best-quality semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup 250 gm butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
To Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 175°C or 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- To make the cupcakes, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer for about 5 minutes and longer with a hand whisk.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt directly into this mixture and mix using a spatula until combined.
- Do not use an electric mixer because you risk knocking the air out that you created in step 1.
- Add in the butter milk and mix until you form a nice batter.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, or fill using a piping bag, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until they spring back when pressed.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
To Make Chocolate Frosting
- While the cupcakes are baking you can start preparing your frosting.
- Combine cocoa and the fresh cream, stirring until cocoa has dissolved.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add melted and cooled chocolate, beating until combined and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in the cocoa mixture.Avoid over mixing.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and set it in the fridge to be used later.
- Once your cupcakes are done, let them cool for about 2 hours before you start piping them with the frosting. Once frosted, sprinkle some grated chocolate and icing sugar on top to make your cupcakes pretty. Enjoy!
Dark chocolate lovers, be sure to use bittersweet chocolate.
I have also posted Extra Easy Cupcakes recipe which are another easiest & tastiest version of making cupcakes home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
Happy Cupcakes Making!!