Happy Independence Day, Pakistan!
Pakistan Independence Day Cake
As the whole Pakistan is celebrating Independence Day today, desserts and sweets are must in your cooking list. But what if you are planning to make a Pakistan Independence Day Cake with green topping and White layers to celebrate the national event.
Here’s a recipe for Pakistan Independence Day Cake!
Pakistan Independence Cake Recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups Whipped cream (400 ml)
- 2 tablespoon Icing sugar
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks
- Pineapple juice as required.
- few drops of vanilla essence
- one packet banana jelly
- whipped cream as required
To Make Cake Sponge
- Prepare your cake pan by lining it with grease proof paper and greasing it to make sure the cake doesn't stick. I used an 8 inch pan. You can use a slightly smaller one if you want a higher cake.
- Preheat oven at 170 degree C.
- In a small bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and salt, twice or thrice time to aerate it. keep aside.
- Put the eggs in a big glass bowl, then add the sugar.
- Beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add butter and whisk till light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- The eggs will have started expanding from the beating. Keep beating for about 4 minutes until the egg mixture resembles cream. The beaters should leave streaks in the mixture as you whip, like how whipping cream looks at the 'soft peak' stage.
- Once you have reached this consistency, remove the beaters and use a whisk.
- Whisk the egg mixture for a few seconds.
- Using a spatula, GENTLY fold the flour in using 30 strokes or less.
- Don't over mix.
- When the flour is mixed, add warm milk.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Now fold again no more than 50 times or less until the batter is well combined and shiny.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Pick and drop the pan twice to remove any excess air bubbles.
- Then bake, in the preheated oven, for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick insterted near the center comes out clean.
- Again pick and drop the pan twice to prevent it from shrinking as it cools.
- Now turn the pan over on a cake rack but do not remove the pan.
- Let the pan cool down until it is easy to handle with your hands without getting burnt.
To Make Cake Filling
- Meanwhile, whip your cream with 2 icing sugar.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Adjust sweetness to your taste and keep aside.
To Assembling the Cake
- Remove the pan from the cake and peel the greaseproof paper. cut the cake horizontally into half.
- Drizzle pineapple juice syrup all over the cut halves to moisten the cake.
- Then spread the whipped cream evenly.
- Add pineapple chunks.
- Cover them with more cream, put the second half of the cake and cream the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until the cream sets.
- Meanwhile, make jelly in the warm water and slightly pour over the cake (1/3 side).
- Make a moon and star shape with leftover whipped cream.
- Put in the refrigerator for few hours or until chilled.
- Enjoy your delicious Independence day cake 🙂
If you over mix the flour mixture or fold too vigorously, you will lose all the air that has built up in the eggs, so be gentle in folding.