Aloo Channa Pulao
Bring a completely new scrumptious flavor in lentils and vegetables. And put a hearty smile your family’s face with great tasting vegetables and lentils on week days. Give it a try!!
Channa Pulao is always my favorite.I have made it many times but this time I wanted to try it with Potatoes ( My fav veggie) and it came so good.
I do remember my khala (anty) who would make fabulous chana pulao along with potatoes. Well, while making this aloo chana pulao recipe and writing this post i do remember the aroma and taste still lingering in my mind of her pulao. Her dishes was always cooked to perfection and the taste of the pulao was just heavenly.
Though I make chana biryani often this [highlight]chana pulao[/highlight] is always my quick fix whenever I am pressed for time. Do try this Aloo Channa Pulao recipe. I had it Korma, mint raita and salad.It was a satisfying lunch.
- For the chana pulao obviously you have to first cook the [highlight]chickpeas(kabuli channa)[/highlight].
- if you have leftover boiled chickpeas than these too can be added.
- The pulao has to be made with basmati rice and desi ghee or else something will be a little amiss if you do not use basmati rice and ghee. This is pretty easy pulao, great to put in your kids lunch box. If you pre cook the chana the previous day itself, then you don’t have to worry about anything. It can be made in minutes.
- If you are diet conscious you can add olive or sesame oil.
This could be also quick fix for lunch box for office going people or students, since less cutting work. You can pack this with cucumber or vegetable raita.
Check it out the Aloo Channa Pulao recipe and printable version below!!
Aloo Channa Pulao
Bring a completely new scrumptious flavor in lentils and vegetables. And put a hearty smile your family’s face with great tasting vegetables and lentils on week days. Do try this Aloo Channa Pulao Recipe, your family will love it.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup chickpeas (white channa)
- 2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 potatoes (cubed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 5 black pepper pods
- 3 cinnamon stick
- 1 black cardamom
- 3 green chilies (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoon clarified butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- 3-1/2 cups water or chicken stock
- Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- Wash rice with few changes of water and soak them for 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper and bay leaves.
- Now add the sliced onions, sliced green chilli and also the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute them until the raw flavor fades.
- Now add the Potato cubes and the boiled channa.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add rice and lightly stir.
- Now add the salt and water.
- Mix well and allow the rice to cook for 10 minutes or until done.
- Cover with a lid and put on low flame.
- After 10 minutes, turn the heat off.
- Fluff the rice and dish it out.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves. Aloo Channa Pulao is ready to serve.
Serve with Mint Raita and salad.
If you like this Aloo Channa Pulao Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.