Everything’s better with cream…especially vegetables.Vibrant green peas simmer in a simple sauce of milk, flour, and butter in this quick side dish.
In my search for a good creamed peas recipe, I found many, but none that quite matched what I wanted. So I took to my own creativity and came up with this absolutely fabulous and The Best Creamed Pea recipe. My family love it so much and we have this on the side quite often. And I double this every time, and not a single pea is left! Alhumdulillah 🙂
Do try this recipe, these Creamed Peas can become your ultimate side dish.
Bismillah, Let’s get started!
Check it out the Creamed Peas recipe and printable version below.
Creamed Peas Recipe
Vibrant green peas simmer in a simple sauce of milk, flour, and butter in this quick side dish.
- 1-1/2 cup green peas (boiled)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- a pinch of pepper
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and whisk in flour until well blended and smooth.
- Now very gradually stir in the milk. When milk is combined, add sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for few minutes or until sauce begins to boil.
- keep stirring for 1-2 minutes then add green peas and stir. Cover pan and allow to simmer for 2 minutes over medium heat or until sauce is thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium low then stir in heavy cream.
- Cook over medium-high heat until for 1 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat and dish it out. Delicious Creamed Peas are ready to enjoy 🙂
Serve with grilled Kabobs.
Don’t over cook the peas. Soggy peas will ruin this dish. You want them tender but firm.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.
Leave a Reply