Like the title says, these are the ‘Super Easy,Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes’. They are perfectly moist and insanely chocolaty, topped with More Chocolate Ganache & Coconut. Royal Treat ♥
Looking for the perfect recipe can be exhausting because there are just so many out there. I’ve tried countless cupcakes over the years, but this is my top favorite recipe. I know we all have different preferences when it comes to our taste buds, but I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with this.
The absolute best recipe to make Chocolate Cupcakes that are super easy, super moist, chocolaty and really delicious. If chocolate is what makes you go weak in the knees, then these are for you. This one is a must try for all Chocolate Lovers out there.
One of the great things about this happy little dessert is that it doesn’t take long to make and it doesn’t break the bank! Not only is the dessert met with smiles and giggles, it’s an easy and inexpensive way to make everyone at the table happy! And making everyone happy is what its all about.
I made the Chocolate Coffee ganache with hot cream, good quality chocolate, butter and coffee extract. The higher the quality of chocolate used, the better the flavor and texture your ganache will have in the end. Coffee and coffee extract enhances the flavor of chocolate. It enhances the chocolate, and brings out the flavors in the chocolate while adding richness to the taste. I love to add coffee to all of my chocolate cakes. Some things are classics.I put chocolate cupcakes in that category. Pillows of rich chocolate cake. Top with chocolate ganache.
Check it out the Super Easy, Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes recipe and printable version here!!
Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup un-slated butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
Chocolate Coffee Ganache
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 2 teaspoon coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Line a cupcake pan or muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
For the Cupcakes
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- On medium speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Then beat in milk, followed by the other half of the dry ingredients, beating slowly until combined.
- Add hot water and beat just until combined.
- Do not over mix—the less you mix, the lighter the cake will be. The batter should be liquid.
- Divide batter evenly between cups, filling them about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs.
- Allow cupcakes to sit for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
For The Ganache
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized heatproof bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. (Can also heat the cream and butter in the microwave.)
- Bring just to a boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand, without stirring, for a few minutes.
- Stir gently (as you do not want to incorporate air into the ganache) with a spoon or whisk until smooth.
- If desired, add the coffee extract.
- Use Ganache immediately to decorate cupcakes, or store in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days. Before using, bring to room temperature and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes or chocolate curls over the cupcakes. Your Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes are ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Extra Bonus Tips:
- If you would like to add coffee to the recipe, either add 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules along with the sifted dry ingredients, or replace the water with room temperature brewed coffee.
- Please make sure that you bake these for 20 minutes and not more. Baking timing is the most crucial thing for any cake recipe. A few minutes over and you’ll have a hard rock in the name of muffin. So keep checking!
- And yes..no peeking and opening the oven door for the first 15 minutes at least.
- Cupcakes are best the same day they’re made, but can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Un-frosted cupcakes can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw, still covered, on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
I have also posted Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making cupcakes home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
Happy Cupcakes Making!!
ATTENTION: All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Super Easy, Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes on Recipestable. Thank you!