This salad came to my mind right as I was falling asleep.
Does your brain ever do crazy stuff like that? My best ideas seem to come when I’m about to doze off and don’t have a notebook or pen to write things down, so I just make a pact with my brain to remember. And the next day we both do our best to recall what we were thinking.
Thankfully, this one made it through the pipeline! Three cheers for my old lady brain still working!
Bean Salad with Olives and Herbs
I’ve made many a Bean salad before, but this one is special. This is the answer to the question, “What’s super cozy, flavorful and perfect for any BBQ Party?” It’s a great addition to any summer get together!
This Pakistani/Italian flavor pairing came to mind, and the recipe is adapted from my all-time favorite Bean Salad. One super easy thing you can prep ahead is beans. I love beans because you can make them so many different ways and they’re packed with protein, slow-digesting carbohydrates and fiber. Their nutritional profile makes them ideal for prepping before a workout and recovering after a workout. If you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight, they’re great for that too since they make you feel full longer.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy beans during the warmer months is with my Bean Salad. It’s super easy to make and it tastes really yummy too! This recipe is simple, requiring just 10 minutes to prepare! You can eat it all on its own (what I normally do) or dress it up by adding some more chopped veggies to it. It’s also great added to some greens either in a wrap or in a salad.
Bean Salad with Olives and Herbs
The dressing is SO easy (and dreamy).
Italian herbs are blended with vinegar . Add olive oil water to thin and ‘voila!’ You have a super yummy, tangy Italian dressing ready to coat those gorgeous bean salad. Look at that salad goodness.
I hope you all LOVE this Bean salad! It’s:
- Fiber- & Protein-rich
- Tangy + Crunchy
- Super healthy & Delicious
This would make the perfect side dish for BBQ Party, or any get together, really. It yields four entrée-sized portions or 8 sides, so multiply as needed. Although it’s delicious on its own, it would pair extremely well with my Grilled Lamb Chops, and my Grilled Italian Chicken.
Bismillah, let’s get started the recipe!!
Check it out the Bean Salad with Olives and Herbs Recipe and printable version below!!
Bean Salad with Olives and Herbs Recipe
- 2 cups boiled Red Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cups green olives sliced
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 to mato de-seeded
For Salad Dressing
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb mix optional
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To Make Salad Dressing
- Place everything into a glass salad dressing container or mason jar and shake well.
- Allow the mixture to sit for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Make sure you shake to combine before use.
To Prepare the Bean Salad
- Place red kidney beans into a strainer and rinse thoroughly until the beans are clean and no more foam remains.
- Transfer the kidney beans to a glass bowl.
- Cut all vegetables into small dice-shaped cubes and add into the kidney beans. Mix well.
- Pour the Italian salad dressing over them.
- Stir to combined.
- Refrigerate for several hours or at least 2 hours before serving.
- Your delicious Bean Salad with Olives and Herbs is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve as a side dish, post-workout snack or add them to your salad.
Happy Salad Making!!