When I begin to think about cakes, the first ingredient that comes to mind is chocolate! And what if your chocolate cake full of chocolate chips, topped with creamy chocolate ganache and dark chocolate? Then, we are talking about one of the most decadent chocolate cakes – Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cake.
Chocolate in three forms, makes this cake extra chocolaty—and extra delicious. A chocolate lover’s dream come true!!!
Since I began blogging, there are a few fantastic recipes which made me say, “Wooow, I hope I will be able to make something like this some day”. Of course, after a good look and many photos of these desserts, I always gave up not having enough belief in my baking possibilities.
But, with time, after a lot of experience and time spent in the kitchen, my confidence began to grow. And in time missions in the kitchen that looked impossible were beginning to be solved. So I began to flirt with recipes like Chocolate Mousse Cake, Banana Chocolate Loaf Cake and similar.
Well, today it was turn for another chocolate masterpiece, Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cake. Only one look at the photos of this divine chocolate cake always made me drool.
A heavenly delicious chocolate cake you’ve been dreaming of! So good, every bite is worthy of a celebration! After all, there is never too much chocolate, right?! It’s pure decadence in every single bite!!!
I have to admit this cake is not the prettiest cake but with that chocolate ganache and grated dark chocolate on top it dresses it up and makes it look scrumptious.
You can serve this cake warm without ganache or cold with creamy ganache on top. I can guardsmen that there will be no leftovers of this cake. If you have chocolate lovers around you better stand back because they will run you over just to get a piece of this cake. This chocolate cake is wonderful for birthdays, bake sales, tea parties or any gathering.
If you are not a true chocoholic then move on. But if you are, then you must try this Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cake!!!
Check it out the Chocolate Lover’s Dream Cake recipe and printable version here!!
Chocolate Lover's Dream Cake Recipe
For Cake Sponge
- 2-1/4 cups plain flour maida
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine at room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients For Ganache
- 200 gm semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon butter
- Dark chocolate grated
- Preheat oven at 170 degree C or 300 degree F.
- Prepare bundt cake pan by greasing and flouring it generously.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon of the flour over them. Mix to ensure all the chocolate chips are coated. Note:(This will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake during baking).
- Now 1st prepare the dry ingredients. Sift the remaining flour with the cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Take a small jug to prepare wet ingredients. Add sour cream, whole milk and vanilla essence in it. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Now add the eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Then start adding the dry and wet ingredients in turns. Start with adding a third of the dry ingredients, mix it in. Then add half the wet ingredients and mix. Next another third of the dry, followed by the remainder of the wet ingredients. Finally add the last third of the dry and mix.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and fold the batter gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to rest in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out on a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
To Make the Ganache
- Place the grated chocolate into a bowl.
- Then add the butter and cream.
- Melt them all together over a double boiler or in the microwave, giving it all an occasional stir to ensure no lumps form.
- Pour this over the top of your cake and allow it to set. (Note: Before pouring ganache, make sure your cake must be completly cool).
- Now top with grated chocolate.
- Your Delicious Chocolate Lover's Dream Cake is ready to enjoy! 🙂
Serve with a cup of coffee or tea.
Pin it for later
ATTENTION: All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake Recipe on Recipestable. Thank you!