Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
I hope you’re well and have had a good start to the week. I’m sorry to let you worry about me, but these days I’m a bit busy. As you know study study study. lol 😀 I am madly busy with my assignments. Sorry for this post being late.
My class got cancelled today. Glad I get a chance to breathe. So I decide to write a post for my lovely reader’s. Last week, I made these Veggie rolls ( Baked Version) to give myself a break from assignment work. They are very easy to prepare and tastes absolutely delicious! I had too much fun making this.
These yummlicious veggie rolls are healthy and very filling. And they smell amazing when they’re baking. They crisped up fine in the oven. The only problem is that three wrappers have 180 calories! What!???? That’s a lot. I ate 3 rolls anyway. 😛 😉 They are ready in only 35 minutes and you can use your favorite veggies.
You could fry these, too, but I was trying to keep them healthy. I hope you all give this Baked Veggie Rolls recipe a try and let me know how they turn out!
Baked Veggie Rolls
So let the fun begin!
- First Prepare Veggie Filling: Heat a small amount of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add giner and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Might you think, it’s a stupid instruction, isn’t it? Tell you what, just cook your garlic few seconds until they’re soft-ish.
- Now add green peas, red beans and corns. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are soft.Add remaining veggies and add a splash of vingear. Stir fry for few minutes. You can add soy sauce or any store bought sauce etc. But I didn’t add it. As I try to avoid artifical ingredients to follow my journey towards clean eating. 🙂
Sprinkle black pepper, red chili, and maybe a little salt if you need it. If you want to use fresh herbs then I think that would be lovely.
- Stir well and Let everything simmer for a couple of minutes, but don’t let everything get overly soft because you still have to stuff and bake your rolls.
- Take the mixture into a bowl and let it cool for few minutes. Once everything is cool, you can either proceed to stuffing the rolls, or cover your bowl and put everything in the fridge overnight. If you do refrigerate the veggie mixture, be sure to bring it room temperature before stuffing your rolls.
- When you’re ready to stuff your rolls, be sure your stuffing mixture and wrappers are at room temperature. You’ll want a clean work surface for this part and a bowl of water nearby.
- Don’t be intimidated by this part. You just want the rolls to hold the yummy stuffing in. They don’t need to be perfect. And, frankly, if someone is going to judge you on how pretty your spring rolls are, then you probably shouldn’t be feeding them. lol 😛
- Preheat an oven for 200 degree C and brush a baking sheet with oil.
- Place a wrapper out in a diamond shape on your work surface.Put a tablespoons of filling in the center of the wrapper. I under-stuffed these rolls, so they turned out chewier that I would have liked. However, you don’t want to stuff them so full that they split open. It’s a delicate balance.
- Bring the bottom point of your wrapper up over the filling and tuck it under as tight as you can. Fold the sides over and shape into a roll.
- Moisten the edges of the top flap slightly with water and roll the roll over, pressing the point on the underside of the roll to seal it.
- Put on a lightly oiled baking sheet and repeat this method the rest of your rolls.
- Lightly brush the tops of the rolls with egg-wash and sprinkle sesame seeds over them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown. This took my oven around 22-25 minutes.
- You can eat these veggie rolls with tamari or soy sauce, but we prefer sweet and sour sauce.
Sorry I din’t get step by step picture as I was hungry and on in a hurry to eat 😛
Check it out the Baked Veggie Rolls Recipe and printable version below!!
Keep me in your duas please, and have a lovely week,
If you like this Baked Veggie Rolls Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.