Garlic Naan is a Pakistani baked flat bread. If you do not try this delicious Garlic Naan recipe then you shall surely miss out, these garlic naan’s that one often orders in restaurants with their barbecue’s, karahi’s, or handi’s are simply irresistible and not that difficult to make.
Check it out the garlic naan recipe here!!
Garlic Naan Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup melted butter
How to make garlic Naan:
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Proof until frothy.
- Stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes on a lightly floured surface, or until smooth. Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside to rise.
- Let it rise until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Punch down dough, and knead in garlic.
- Pinch off small amounts of dough to make 12 to 14 pieces.
- Roll into balls, and allow to rise again.
- While the dough is rising, preheat grill to high.
- At grill side, roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle.
- Lightly oil grill. Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned.
- Brush uncooked side with butter, and turn over.
- Brush cooked side with butter, and cook until done, another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill, and continue cooking until all the naan has been prepared.
- You can lightly sprinkle some more garlic on top for garnish
- Garlic Naan is ready to serve.
- Serve hot!