A flavorful Italian bread that makes an excellent “finger-food” appetizer. Easy to make and tasty too. Check it out the Antipasto Bread recipe here!!
[one_third] Prep Time: 10 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 20 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings:8[/one_third_last]
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Ingredients[/tab_title] [tab_title]Nutrition[/tab_title] [/tabs_head] [tab]
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, unsliced
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
[/tab] [tab]Yield: 8 servings
Amount per serving.
- Fat: 22 g (7 g saturated fat)
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
- Sodium: 838 mg
- Carbohydrate: 35 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 14 g
[tabs type=”horizontal”] [tabs_head] [tab_title]Step by Step Method[/tab_title] [tab_title]Serving Suggestions[/tab_title][/tabs_head] [tab]
Cut bread in half lengthwise then cut in half width wise.
Place cut side up in a foil-lined baking dish. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil. Bake at 450 degree F, for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small skillet. Add carrot, green pepper, celery, onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Spread pesto over the bread.
Arrange salami, tomatoes, carrot mixture and olives over the bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each piece of bread in half. Antipasto Bread is ready now. Serve warm.
- Serve with with tomato relish and cold shrimp salad.
Leave a Reply