Skip to Content
Ingredients of Pistachio Halwa:
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp butter or ghee
- Few drops vanilla essence
How to make Pistachio Halwa:
- Soak pistachio nuts in boiling water for 35 minutes.
- Grease and base-line an 7 ” square plate.
- Drain pistachio nuts thoroughly and grind with milk until finely chopped.
- Stir in sugar.
- Heat a large frying pan, add butter or ghee and melt over a low to medium heat.
- Add nut paste and cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick.
- Stir in vanilla essence, then spread into prepared greased plate.
- Leave to cool completely, then cut into Square or diamond shape pieces.
- Pistachio Halwa is ready to serve.