Pakistani Or Desi Style Chili Chicken
This is a really easy & quick recipe. And guys, I am already warning people with no tolerance to spicy food. Beware. This can be the most spiciest food ever. You can always lessen the amount of red chilli paste in eat but in my views you’ll ruin the whole point of this dish. Its one of my all time favorites. I always make this dish with Bhagaar walay chawal( stir fried rice) & spicy green chutney & serve it wit sliced lettuce & cucumbers. For a perfect taste do not add all ingredients at once. The timing in when you add what to a dish while cooking makes a big difference in its taste. Enjoy till you start sweating 🙂
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
For Desi Chili Chicken:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 onions, cut into cubes
- 2 capsicum, cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1-1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
For Tomato Sauce:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 green chilies
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can whole tomatoes
Yield: 5 servings
To Make Tomato Sauce:
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a pan.
- Add chopped green chilies and sliced onion.
- Fry for 2-3minutes or until transparent.
- Now add whole tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heathen blend until smooth.
To Make Desi Chili Chicken:
- Cook chicken with ginger garlic paste, chili powder and salt for 20 minutes or until all water dries up.
- Heat oil in a deep wok over medium heat.
- Add capsicum and onion’s cubes.
- Saute for 2 minutes then add prepared tomato sauce and cooked chicken.
- Stir well.
- Also add tomato ketchup and red chili sauce.
- Cook on low flame for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Desi Chili Chicken is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- Serve with boiled rice.