Aloo Chana Chaat
Aloo chana chaat is a low oil snack made with boiled chickpeas and potatoes, easy to put together at the same time healthy too.
Bismillah Let’s get started.
Check it out the Aloo Chana Chaat Recipe and printable version below.
Aloo Chana Chaat
Aloo chana chat is a low oil snack made with boiled chickpeas and potatoes, easy to put together at the same time healthy too. A must try!!
- 250 gm chick peas (soaked overnight)
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 potatoes (boiled)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 to matoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup tamarind pulp (imli ka ras)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (roasted)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 -3 lemon wedge (for garnishing)
- salt to taste
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
- Put the chickpeas in a large saucepan; add water,baking soda and salt in it.
- Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 2 hours or until the chickpeas tender.
- Then remove from the water and drained.
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Peel it and cut into small cubes.
- Chop onion and tomato into small pieces; set aside
- Remove seeds from green chilies and chop it finely.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add red chili powder,chaat masala, cumin seeds, tamarind pulp, potatoes and chickpeas; stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until well combined.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Put it into serving bowl, add chopped onion, tomato green chilies and lemon juice in it.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh coriander and leaves over the top.
- Aloo Chana Chaat is ready to serve.
Serve with papri and Imli ki Chutney.
I have also posted Garbanzo Beans Chaat Recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Chana Chaat. Do check it out as well.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.
Leave a Reply