Mattar Paneer Pulao (Green Peas & Cheese Pulao)
Mattar Pulao is a Pakistani favorite and a staple rice dish. Here it has been enhanced by addition of fried Paneer. This is a nice twist in the regular peas pulao recipe. It makes a perfect side dish on a family dinner and a absolute favorite main meal on a week day.
Check it out the Mattar Paneer Pulao (Green Peas & Cheese Pulao) recipe here!!
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 300 gm basmati rice
- 2 potatoes, boiled
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 1 cup green peas, boiled
- 2 cups cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp hot spices
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Rinse rice with few changes of water then soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet.
- Place chopped onion in hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until turn golden brown.
- Add hot spices, 4 green chilies in it.
- Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add water and turmeric powder, red chili flakes, coriander and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, boiled peas and boiled potatoes in it.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Fry cheese cubes on each side for 2-3 minutes or until nicely golden.
- Put fried cheese in peas gravy.
- Add soaked rice with 1.5 glass of water.
- When rice level has rise, add 2 sliced boiled eggs in it.
- Let it simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Delicious Mattar Paneer Pulao is ready now
- Serve with pudina raita.