Is there really a better salad than a Mexican salad? Using sweet corn make this dish more tasty. Serve this refreshing salad on a lettuce leaf for a tasty and healthy lunch. Must try a Mexican Salad Recipe!!
[one_third] Prep Time: 30 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 15 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings: 5[/one_third_last]
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 2 Armenian cucumber, cut into cubes
- 2 cucumber, remove seeds & cut into cubes
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into cubes
- 1 tomato, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cornflour, dissolve in water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp red pepper, crushed
- salt according to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium high heat.
- Fry onion in hot oil for 2-3 minutes then add sesame seeds and green chilies.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add tomato ketchup, honey , sugar, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add sweet corn with 1 cup of water.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Dissolve cornflour in 1/4 cup water.
- Add cornflour mixture in it.
- Stir constantly.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it become thick.
- Remove from the heat
- Take it out in a bowl and let it cool completely.
- When cool add all vegetables.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Dish out in a serving dish.
- Mexican Salad is ready now.
- Serve this refreshing salad on a lettuce leaf for a tasty and healthy lunch.