Chargha (Oven Roasted Chicken)
Moist, tender and spicy, this very simple yet incredibly delicious chicken chargha recipe is the ideal one for those who love roast chicken but find the whole oven-roasting/baking process too daunting.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 whole chicken
- 250 gm natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp chicken Chargha masala
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp red chili, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- salt to taste
- a pinch of yellow food color
- 6 lemons
- Oil as required
- Wash whole chicken and drain.
- Now make deep slits on chicken.
- Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine together yogurt, Chargha Masala, ginger garlic paste, yellow color, red chili, ground cumin, black pepper and salt.
- Also add 1 lemon juice.
- Put this chicken over the chicken.
- Marinate chicken for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, cook chicken in a deep skillet without adding water until its own water dries.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Fry chicken on low flame for 10 minutes or until its color turn to golden brown.
- Remove chicken from the oil.
- Squeeze lemon juice over it.
- Delicious Chargha is ready now.
- Serve hot with naan and tamarind chutney.