I’m back with another post on Light Meal On Thursday. Last Thursday happened to be my brother’s birthday so there was definitely no light eating on that day, hence did not post a light meal.
Quick & Light Neal – 25 Minute Chicken and Noodles
Today’s recipe is 25 Minute Chicken and Noodles. It’s an ideal meal on lazy days or when one wants a light meal. Just make this and one is sorted.
I really hesitated on adding this recipe to the blog. It’s really very simple and seems like something everyone already makes. Then I remembered that my blog is not just for my readers, but also a record of recipes I make frequently. This is one of family favorites(especially my nano _grandma)!
I’m not going to lie. But when I made this Chicken and Noodles for the family and grandma… they devoured it. I’m NOT KIDDING. I was SHOCKED. They were begging for me. I ended up with NO leftovers. HUH?
And the best part? The entire recipe took 25 minutes to make. Enough yapping…Hope you enjoy!
A quick and delicious one pot recipe with chicken broth, chicken, noodles and healthy vegetables. This quick and easy skillet dish features all your favorite ingredients from chicken noodle soup, but without the soup. It’s a hearty meal perfect for a busy day. You can make a delicious, family-friendly dinner in just 25 minutes.
Bismillah, Let’s get started!!
Check it out the 25 minute Chicken and Noodles recipe and printable version here!!
25-Minute Chicken and Noodles Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups vegetables (my fav red pepper, green onions, carrots, green pepper etc)
- 1 packet noodles
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink and all juices run clear.
- Stir in the chicken broth and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Season with basil and pepper.
- Stir in noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until done and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle soy sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Add vegetables and stir well.25-Minute Chicken and Noodles are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out by sharing a picture on Instagram, Facebook (Recipestable) or Twitter with this hashtag #Recipestable so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.
Leave a Reply