Badami Shahi Tukray
Badami Shahi Tukray is one of a famous delight of South Asian cuisine and as its name suggests its a royal dessert. It can be regarded as continental version of bread pudding. Delectable shahi tukra is made by soaking fried bread slices into the thickened sweetened milk. Try this Badami shahi tukray recipe .
Check it out the Badami Shahi Tukray recipe and printable version here!
Badami Shahi Tukray Recipe
- 10 bread slices
- 150 gm sugar
- 1 packet fresh cream
- 1-1/2 milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese khoya
- 1 tbsp hot milk
- 1 tbsp almond sliced
- 1 tbsp pistachios sliced
- 1 tbsp kewra water
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Cut bread sliced into four pieces.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan.
- Fry bread slices for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oil and arrange in a tray.
- Dissolve sugar and saffron in 1 cup of milk.
- Pour this mixture over the fried bread.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup milk with cream and khoya.
- Mix well.
- Pour over the soaked bread and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds, pistachios, kewra water over it.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until well done.
- Badami Shahi Tukray are ready to serve.
- Serve chilled.
I have also posted Shahi Tukra recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Pakistani dessert at home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.