Do you love Chinese doughnuts? Then you will love this recipe for those delicious buffet style deep fried doughnuts. The flavor and texture are sure to please.
Doughnuts have become popular in many different cuisines. These Chinese doughnuts or donuts are delicious pieces of deep fried dough that are tossed with powdered sugar to create an amazing melt in your mouth feel!
Try this Chinese Doughnuts recipe and let me know what you think about the recipe. Enjoy!
Ready In: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
This recipe make 8 serving(s).
- 170 gm brown sugar
- ¾ cup hot water
- 330 gm rice flour, seived
- 60 gm baking powder
- 60 gm grated coconut
- 60 gm roasted peanut, crushed
- 60 gm sesame seeds, roasted
- 3 tablespoon castor sugar
- Oil for frying
- Take hot water and dissolve the sugar in it and then add the sherry.
- Allow to cool.
- Add baking powder to the flour and make a stiff dough of this(do not knead).
- Roll the dough to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Cut this roll into 1/2 ” slices and then flatten to 2″ in diameter.
- Mix the coconut, peanuts and castor sugar together and place a tablespoon of this filling in the middle of each slice.
- Now bring the edge of each slice together and then roll it to form a ball.
- Put sesame seeds on a plate and roll each ball in it.
- Deep fry in the oil till golden brown.
- Chinese Doughnuts are ready to serve.
- Serve at room temperature.
Leave a Reply