I love BHINDI and in any form:)) Being truly a [highlight]bhindi lover[/highlight], I love to try different recipes with it. Bhindi Masala is one of the famouse dishes of Pakistani Home Cooking and people really love it. This is one of the special dishes made from okra (bhindi).Bhindi (Okra) can be cooked with variations. You can cook it with chicken or meat, or for a vegetarian touch you can cook it without meat.
After a hectic week, it’s time for something a little more savory and easy to cook meal. We start this week with another one of my mommy’s recipes. This is her Chicken Bhindi recipe.
This time though she has combined both the chicken and okra to create this savoury, fragrant and juicy curry. Yummy…..sounds delicious!!
If you are in a mood of cooking Bhindi (Okra) differently, without using mutton or beef, probably this is the recipe for you. This is curry based dish, perfect for lunch. A simple and easy chicken bhindi recipe which can be ready in just 35 minutes.Serve this with roti or naan for a weeknight meal with a difference!
Bismillah, let’s get started!
Check it out the Chicken Bhindi Recipe and printable version below!!
A simple and easy chicken bhindi recipe which can be ready in just 35 minutes.Serve this with roti or naan for a weeknight meal with a difference!
- 500 gm chicken
- 500 gm okra
- 4 green chilies
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 to matoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 onion (sliced or chopped)
- Wash okra properly then cut them from top and bottom.
- Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or karahi over medium heat.
- Fry the okras for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Take it out and drain on a paper towel.
- Set aside.
- Now add onions in the remaining oil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken, red chili, coriander and turmeric and tomatoes.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and all water dries.
- As the meat tender, add in fried okra, 1 onion and green chilies.
- Sprinkle all spice powder.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take it out in a serving dish.
- Chicken Bhindi is ready to serve. Enjoy!!
Serve hot with chapati or roti.
If you like this Chicken Bhindi Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.
Leave a Reply