Craving pizza but your taste buds is calling for some desi twist?
Satisfy your cravings with these Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites that are ready in 30 minutes or less and featuring everyone’s favorite flavor combo: Pizza, Seekh Kebab and cheesy goodness—are sure to be the talk of the party.
You all know I love pizza, and I couldn’t go too long without experimenting different pizza toppings. (For you newbies, they happen to be one of my favorite finger food!) These days pizzas come with many desi variations like butter chicken, spicy tikka or seekh kebabs.
Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites (A Flavorful Desi Twist)
So, Today why not take the classic Italian and make them unabashedly Pakistani ?
Creativity, especially when it comes to food has absolutely no limits. There are some flavor combinations that are so brilliant —like seekh kebabs, pizza sauce, and cheese. All three of these offer undeniable flavor on their own, but when paired together, the result is nothing less than perfect. So, I changed the shape of pizza and turned it everyone’s favorite pizza ingredients into these cute little “Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites”!
The smokiness of seekh kebabs, the sharp flavor of cheddar, the cheesy goodness of Mozzarella and the zest of pizza sauce combine like they were always meant to be together. All this oh, so yummy !
Does your family love pizza as much as mine does?
Then this weekend, try something new : “Seekh Kebab pizza Bites”! These adorable little pizza bites are yours to enjoy. And let me tell ya – they will easily disappear quickly!
Ingredients in Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites?
To make these seekh kebab pizza bites, you’ll need pizza dough, pizza sauce, leftover seekh kebabs, onion, green bell pepper, Cheddar & Mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
How to make the Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites
First I line up the muffin pan with homemade pizza dough and cut it into round circles (No need to be extremely accurate with the measurements). I just wanted the pizza bites to be about the same size. Then I top it with the pizza sauce. I always keep a jar of homemade pizza sauce in my pantry to make these kinds of easy pizzas at a moment’s notice. Next is the cheese then the leftover seekh kebabs with onion and peppers then sprinkle herb seasoning and bake at 180 degree C for 10-15 minutes!
These couldn’t be more simple.
Once they have cooked, I remove them from the oven and allow them to cool enough so that they can be safely eaten, about 5 minutes and serve.
Make-Ahead Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites Recipe
They also make a great make-ahead meal or snack!
How to Freeze Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites
Once they have cooled completely, place them onto a sheet pan and allow them to flash freeze for about 30 minutes. Then, package them in freezer-safe zip top bags or containers for up to 2 weeks. To serve from frozen, just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the oven for about 10 minutes until heated throughout.
Extra Bounce Tip:
The fun thing is that they are completely customizable. And if you have kids around, or want to get friends involved in customizing their own, these are a great idea for a make-your-own-appetizer set up. Everyone will love tossing in their favorite toppings.
Definitely a fun twist on serving pizza. And in my opinion, much cuter — which is of course the bigger issue. enjoy 🙂
Bismillah let’s get started.
Check it out Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites Recipe and printable version here!!
Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites Recipe
These easy Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites are a great way to serve pizza for appetizers…with a desi twist and its taste amazing. Do try it!
- 1 ball of prepared Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought, cut into twelve 2.5 inch circles)
- 12 leftover Seekh Kebabs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian herb Seasoning for topping
- 1 teaspoon oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, butter or olive oil.
- Cut each Seekh Kebab into four pieces and set aside.
- Divide pizza dough into 12 equal portions and place one pizza circle into the bottom of each greased muffin cup, making sure that the edges do not curl in to block the opening of the “cups”.
- Fill with 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce, then stuff with your seekh kebabs, cheddar cheese, green pepper and onion toppings.
- Top with a generous pinch of shredded Mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of Italian seasonings.
- Repeat with remaining pizza cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest about 3–5 minutes before serving.
- Delicious Seekh Kebab Pizza Bites are ready to serve.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with Chili Garlic Sauce along with some fresh salad.
Want more Pizza Inspiration?
Here are some other pizza recipes on my blog:
- The Easiest Bread Pizza Recipe
- Chapli Kebab Pizza Recipe (An Italian-Pakistani Twist)
- Quick and Easy Ten Minute Naan Pizza
- Quick and Easy Mince Pizza
- Pizza Fries Recipe
- Homemade Pizza Pockets
- Lunch Box Pizzas
- Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out and do take a few seconds to rate it! I would love to see your recreations so tag me on instagram @recipestable or Facebook (Recipestable) or on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
Leave a Reply