An EASY comfort food recipe with just few ingredients and ready in 30 minutes!! Lip Smacking Cheesy Chicken Cups with a cheesy filling are sure to be a family favorite. Great for breakfast, dinner, snacks, a party appetizer or anything in between!!
Cheesy Chicken Cups
I had some extra chicken cooked and was looking to use it in a super fast and easy recipe. Since I also had few slider buns in my fridge, this fit the bill perfectly. I love the idea of the Slider cups (I can’t wait to get creative and try other things with that concept) and the filling was ooey-gooey, warm and cheesy. This is a very quick and simple way to get that comfort food taste/feeling.
Here is my first try. I was thrilled they turned out just right. They look so Lip smacking and appetizing (thus the name Lip Smacking Cheesy Chicken Cups). These are just as beautiful as they are delicious. My taste buds are going crazy, and I cannot wait for the next course in this meal.
For a change of pace from your average dinner, this Cheesy Chicken Cups fits the bill! Unusual as it may be, once you take a bit, you will be reminded of some of your favorite chicken recipes. This is cheesy, flavorful, and will be loved by the whole family. Try making it tonight!
Extra Cheesiness Alert
Alright, lets move to the cheesiness of this recipe.
Cheesy chicken filling, extra cheese on top and pepper flakes all stuffed up in a crispy slider bun shell. Slider Buns are great for so many appetizers. I used regular sized muffin tins, so I used bun half per cup, overlapping the corners so that all the edges are covered. This whole recipe is sure to leave you stuffed and satisfied!
What I Love About The Cheesy Chicken Cups?
What I love about these Cheesy Chicken Cups – they are SO SIMPLE. Seriously, simple ingredients, and half an hour are all it takes to make these Lip Smacking Cheesy Chicken Cups! They are very good and easy to make, filled with a delicious cheesy chicken filling that everyone will love. We normally have all these items on hand. Mini Slider Buns make great cups for these cheesy treats. You can also use any leftover chicken for this.
If you serve these at your Iftar Party or next get together , you may want to make a few a double batch – your guests will love them too!
Bismillah let’s get started.
Check it out Hot and Sour Noodles Recipe and printable version here!!
Lip Smacking Cheesy Chicken Cups Recipe
Lip Smacking Cheesy Chicken Cups – baked to perfection in muffin tins! Great for holidays and lunch boxes – it’s portable and makes for easy serving!
- 6 mini slider buns
For Cheesy Chicken Filling:
- 1 cup boiled chicken (shreded)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- red pepper flakes
- dried or fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly greased a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
To Prepare the Chicken Filling:
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry onion till soft and translucent. Now add the plain flour and stir well.
- Stir in the milk and cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt, black pepper, red chili flakes.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and keep stirring for few minutes or until well combined.
- Add cheese and dried basil and give it a good stir.
- Turn the heat off.
To Assemble the Cheesy Chicken Cups:
- Cut buns into halves and put each half into the prepared muffin pan.
- Press the buns into the holes to form cups.
- Spoon chicken filling evenly into cups.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over them.
- Top with chili flakes and dried basil (optional).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and they turn golden brown.
- Take it from the oven. Remove from the muffin pan.
- Lip Smacking Cheesy Chicken Cups are ready to serve. ENJOY!!
I have also posted Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls Recipe and Mini Pizza Cups Recipe which are another easiest & tastiest version of Comfort Food. Do check it out as well.
Put your own spin on it. And lemme know how it turns out. Post a photo on Facebook (Recipestable) or Instagram on Twitter so I can see how lovely yours turn out.
Leave a Reply