Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Chicken Tikka Pizza
Pizza is a popular and delicious dish of Italian origin, that has become extremely popular all over the world.
Today i am bringing you guys an amazing fusion dish. Fusion cooking is a delight! It creates magic and is fairly easy to do. When we combine a number of cuisines in one meal, we get a delicious combination of new tastes and flavors.
If you love pizza and you love BBQ aroma – then this is totally your kind of Pizza.It sounded AH-mazing!…and it sure was! It was “love at first bite”!
Chicken tikka is Asian style of barbecued chicken and it tastes fabulous as a topping on pizza. It has become widely popular in Pakistan.
I made it yesterday for my family and especially for my brother. He is a true pizza lover. He was sad when it got over and even though he knew there was no more pizza left he was talking about how he felt like having this pizza the next day. He still talks about it. And while writing this post, I wish I had some pizza dough so that I could make this again now.
If you ask me what makes a good pizza, i would definitely say that it is the sauce. I will overlook a ‘meh’ crust if the sauce is good. Yeah, but of course, i would prefer when both the crust and sauce are amazing, but the highlight of a pizza for me is definitely its sauce. And this sauce is just ‘magical perfection’. Talking about the crust, i prefer thin crust pizza over a thick chewy one. And this recipe gives you the perfect crust. The best part is that it is super easy. Hope you guys give this recipe a try and be fall illustrious among your friends and relatives for making finest an admirable Chicken pizza.
So let the fun begin
1st Prepare Chicken Tikka:
Marinate the chicken with the lemon juice, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, tikka masala powder and salt.Marinate for atleast 4 hours ( perferably marinate overnight).
Now broil on high for 8-10 minutes, turning over once. Or grill till cooked.
Transfer into a bowl and keep side.
Note:Sorry I din’t get grilling process pictures as I was on in a hurry to assemble the pizza. 😛
Now Make Pizza Dough :
In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, milk powder and salt.
Combine warm water, egg and butter in a small bowl.
Add this in the flour mixture and beat with an electric mixer on High for 3 minutes.
Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. or knead with hand.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic ( 3 to 5 minutes ).
Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease dough surface.
Cover bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size ( 50 to 60 minutes ).
Punch dough down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
To Make Pizza Sauce :
Blend tomato paste, tomato sauce, oregano in a blender.
Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a pan, add garlic paste & fry for 1 minute.
Add blended tomato mixture & paprika.
Cook on medium heat until sauce is thick. Keep aside and let it cool competely.
To Assemble The Pizza
Preheat oven to the highest setting on your oven. Mine goes to 250 C degree.
If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven. I do not have one, and I use the back of my sheet pan.
You do not have to preheat your sheet pan. Dust your sheet pan.
Roll out your pizza dough.
Drizzle some melted butter on top of your rolled out pizza.
Prick with fork and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Spread pizza sauce over it.
Top generously with the chicken tikka and capsicum.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle parsley and oregano on top the pizza.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and crust has cooked.
Sprinkle some extra parsley. Let cool a little. Cut into slices and serve.
Lets go to weekend Programming class with this fabulous pizza. I’m sure my class-fellow’s will enjoy this pizza. 🙂
- .FOR PIZZA DOUGH: If you want to store the extra pizza dough for future use, just oil the dough ball all around and put each ball into separate zippered freezer bag. You can freeze this way for about 2-3 days.The day before you plan on using them, just transfer the dough to the refrigerator. And on the day of usage, remove from fridge, place on a floured counter and gently press the ball into 1/2 inch thickness and let rise for 2 hours.
FOR PIZZA CRUST: The crust cooks really fast. Mine actually took just 12 minutes. Do not over cook or your crust will become hard. By the time the cheese melts, the crust will get cooked. Even then just check before taking out.
FOR PIZZA SAUCE: This recipe makes about 1-1/2 cups of pizza sauce, I often have a bit leftover for during the week if I want to make bread pizza pinwheels or homemade pizza rolls. Sometimes, I place the extra sauce in sterilized jars and freeze it until i need it next. I just let it thaw in the refrigerator when I know I am going to need it.
FOR TIME SAVING: You wont require much time in the kitchen if you prepare the dough and marinate the chicken the night before. The next day, you will just have to grill the chicken, and thaw the dough for 2 hours and assemble the pizza.
Chicken Tikka Pizza
For Pizza Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup Luke warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For Chicken Tikka
- 500 gm boneless chicken cubed
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon tikka masala powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
For Pizza Topping
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 capsicum sliced
To Make Dough
- Knead all the dough ingredients with lukewarm water.
- Keep covered in an oiled bowl in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled and well risen.
To Make Chicken Tikka
- Marinate all chicken tikka ingredients for 30 minutes then cook on high heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and all juices run clear.
To Assemble The Pizza
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface and line a pizza plate with it.
- Spread pizza sauce.
- Top with chicken tikka, cheeses, oregano and let rise again in a warm place for 20 more minutes.
- Sprinkle some dried parsley over it.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes or till cheese has melted and dough is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and cut into wedges. Chicken Tikka Pizza is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve with Chili Sauce.