Can’t decide whether to make a grilled kabab or an egg in a hole? Make both!
Two of my favorite food groups—eggs and toast—unite in this take on the playful dish also known as egg in a hole, Egg in a Basket or Egg in a Boat or, more simply, egg in toast. I fancy it up by filling the bread center with mince crust and topping with basil or chili flakes. And It came out so delicious!
For this recipe, I used a normal mince kabab mixture for filling the bread , to keep it low carb. The outside was crunchy and crispy and inside was so juicy and tasted so good with the egg in the middle. A nice way to add some more protein to a sandwich, while also providing something of a sauce from the egg yolk (depending on how you cook your egg). It’s adds just a little oomph of flavor to the sandwich.
Watch carefully as you cook the mince crust, and don’t raise the heat higher than medium: The goal is for the mince crust to brown and the egg to set simultaneously. Save the crust center for making breadcrumbs.
Also how well the eggs must be cooked is a personal choice. Some like over easy, sunnyside up or completely cooked through. No matter how you make it, this will remain a favorite breakfast option passed on for many generations to come. When you make this cute breakfast-for-dinner recipe, you can vary it by using cheese, vegetables or sauteed Spinach in place of the mince filling.
This Low-Carb Solution to Egg in a Hole Recipe can be an excellent addition to a healthy weight loss diet. They’re not only low-carb and low in calories but also high in protein and fiber that keep you feeling full.
I’m really excited to share this recipe with you.
So, Bismillah let’s get started and Check it out Low Carb Egg in a Hole Recipe and printable version here!!
Low Carb Egg In a Hole Recipe
- 1 slice Multigrain bread (You can use your favorite kind of bread)
- 1/4 cup Mince Kabab (You can get recipe from
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- few red pepper flakes
- a pinch of dried basil optional
- a pinch of salt
- Optional: shredded cheese I like cheddar
- Take a thick slice of bread (I like the multigrain bread because of its texture and flavor, but you can use whole wheat or white bread).
- Cut the middle of the bread from the slice leaving a ½-inch (1 cm) border of crust.
- Stuff the bread slice hole with some Mince Kabab filling.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Put your bread over it and cook on the mince side.
- Cover and let it cook until it is light golden, a couple minutes.
- Flip your bread slice.
- Now with a spatula or spoon make a hole inside of the bread.
- Then carefully crack your egg into the hole on top of the mince topping to make sure the egg does not spill over.
- Season with salt and red pepper and a sprinkle of basil.
- Cover the pan and Cook until the egg is pretty set on the bottom, another minute or so.
- Cook until the other side of the egg white is set but the middle is still runny.
- You can add some cheese.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Your Delicious Egg-in-a Hole is ready to eat.
Happy Healthy Eating!!
Do you have another name for this classic breakfast? Please leave a comment below, and let me know!