Aloo Tikki (Potato Patties)
Aloo Tikki is everyone’s favorite. Its simple enough to make and a lot simpler to disappear. Make delicious Aloo Tikki (Potato Patties) by using this simple recipe
Aloo Tikki was one of the first few things I learnt to prepare as a young teenager growing up in Pakistan. Of course it was mommy’s recipe which now has my input as well. These mini cutlets used to be part of my school lunch box for the longest of time. It didn’t end there. While studying at school, coming home late kind of became a normal. And these tikki’s became a life saver for the hungry student.
Believe it or not that even today, this particular item (Aloo Tikki Burger) is part of my lunch box at Uni almost daily. So you can imagine my un-ending love for these Aloo Tikki’s. This one is a treasured recipe. I would also share another version of potato cutlets at some point in time which are filled with winter vegetables and a very special ingredient. The mango powder is the magic ingredient here that transforms the boring potatoes in to a super star! They are yummlicious and tastes great when served hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.
It can be served as party snack, packed for picnic or can be relished as an evening snack. These Aloo Tikki’s are an amazing accompaniment to Pulao and they can easily work as a sandwich filler.
Check it out the Aloo Tikki Recipe and printable version below!!
- 1 kg potates boiled and mashed
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp mango powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds crushed
- salt to taste
- oil for shallow frying
- Take a large bowl, combine the potatoes, coriander, green chili and lemon juice.
- Now add the spices and salt.
- Mix well.
- Take a handful of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Flatten them slightly and form the edges.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Dip each potato tikki in egg then let the excess drip off.
- Fry tikkis for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown color.
- Drain on paper towel. Aloo Tikki is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
You can serve Aloo Tikki along with Green Chutney.
I have also posted Besan Aloo Tikki Recipe which is another tastier version of making tikki’s. Do check it out as well.
If you like this Aloo Tikki Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.