Achari Chicken (Achari Murgh)
This chicken curry is a tasty, tangy and mouth watering pickled spices recipe which is garnished with stuffed long green chillies. This spicy chicken dish tastes best with hot naan and served for lunch or dinner.
A spicy and tangy chicken curry made with the spices used to prepare pickles in Pakistan. This Achari chicken Recipe is so easy to make, full of flavour.and has no store-bought mixes. I avoid these mixes because they have preservatives and additives. Must try this Achari chicken Recipe and don’t forget to share your experience with us !!
Bismillah, let’s begin!
Check it out the Achari Chicken Recipe and printable version below.
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 12 green chillies
- 3 onions (thinly sliced)
- 4 dry red chilies
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbs p ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp onion seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- salt to taste
- Place dry red chillies, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and onion seeds in a grinder. Grind coarsely. Place yogurt and ground spices in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Slit the green chillies length wise, keeping the stems intact.
- Put green chilies and chicken into the yogurt mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onion in oil until or crisp-tender. Add ginger garlic paste. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until its become lightly browned.
- Season with chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add chicken along with the marinade.
- Add 1 cup water and mix well.Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Turn the heat off. Transfer into a serving dish. Achari Chicken is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve hot with Naan!!
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.