Spicy Potato Rolls
Are you a fan of the Potatoes & Peas like me? I love Potatoes, I love Crispy Rolls so I combined the two love of my life and created this masterpiece 🙂 ♥
Mostly I eat as less meat as possible, simply because I don’ t like the taste of chicken anymore. I am a big fan of potato and peas, and I especially buy them on a weekly basis. Some times however those darn, and delicious potatoes tend to get a bit too soft, and if you are like me, I am just not a fan of really soft sweet potatoes. I was not going to let those potatoes get soft on me this time around, and that when I decided to make an attempt at stuffing them inside of crispy roll wrappers and see if they would turnout. Whoa! I love me some Crispy rolls, but now I really, really love them, especially these Spicy Potato Rolls!
Spicy Potato rolls are the very easy tea time snack which take little time to make. Potatoes and peas cooked with spices make up the stuffing of these potato rolls. These rolls were extremely easy to make and took no time at all. They were crunchy and tasty and went really well with the Apricot Chutney. My whole family really liked this simplest time time snack.
They are crunchy outside, spicy and soft inside. Very Easy to prepare.can be a perfect addition to your Iftar meal and can be less expensive and better tasting than store bought rolls. Do try it!!
Check it out the Spicy Potato Rolls Recipe and printable version below!!
Spicy Potato Rolls
- 4 boiled potatoes diced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 Roll wrappers roll patties
- oil for deep frying
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion in oil until light brown.
- Stir in the peas, ginger, and green chilies.
- Season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add water. Cover and simmer until peas are soft.
- Add diced potatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add ground coriander and cumin seeds and lemon juice.
- Stir in all spice. Cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Let it cool completely.
- Fill stuffing into the roll patties.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry potato rolls for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.Spicy Potato Roll is ready to serve.ENJOY!!
Serve with Apricot Chutney.
If you like this Spicy Potato Rolls Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.