Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Good Morning all, I hope you are all having a fantastic Winter so far & enjoying the same great weather we’re having here! A little wintery spring chill. Brrrrrrrrr!! Finally we are getting proper winter feeling. I’m doing good too! Haha, I’ve been trying to warm my toes up too, so cold here! 😛
If you read my blog with any regularity, you probably know that I’ve started my journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
Glad to have started my journey towards healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle. Already seeing results ♥ This new way of eating has been quite the adventure for me.
So many people think healthy and clean eating is boring & bland? …hmm… I think not. Just Follow my journey, I will make it interesting for you.
Clean Eating Mince Lettuce Cups
Clean eating is great. Healthy eating is giving your body what it needs! Nothing else.No one needs to be hungry or bored. Today I have come up with a very interesting recipe: Clean Eating Mince Lettuce Cups!!
Well don’t droll on my pic of my lettuce cups. lol
It’s quick, easy to make, cheap and low in fat and carbs– the perfect combo!These clean eating mince lettuce cups are absolutely delicious with some amazing Asian flavours.This is one of those meals that will make you forget you’re eating healthy. Dinner on the table in just over 30 minutes that is loaded with fragrance, a hit of spice and full of freshness.
This is the easiest, quickest meal you could ever make. And if you’re quick in the kitchen, you could even get this on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and you can easily double or triple the recipe as needed. What more could you ask for?
So Let’s get started!!
Ingredients You will Need:
- ginger _ garlic
- lettuce leaves
- herb Seasoning
- few veggies (green pepper, green onion)
- hot sauce
- tomato paste
- olive oil
Tools You needed to make this recipe are:
- A pan
- A wooden spoon
- A plate to serve
- A knife to cut veggies
- Cutting board
Check it out the Clean Eating Mince Lettuce Cups recipe and printable version below!!
Clean Eating Mince Lettuce Cups
- 250 gm fat free mince meat
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspooon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 drops of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- salt to taste
- herb seasoning optional
- 4 large lettuces in cup shape, I used iceberg
- For Garnishing
- mint leaves
- lemon slices
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Saute ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spatula. Cook the garlic pieces until they are glazed and golden brown in color.
- Add ground meat and cook for 15 minutes or until well browned.
- Now stir in the hot sauce and tomato paste.
- Stir in the green onions and green pepper until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until mince is cooked thorough.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle herb seasoning.
- Spoon into lettuce cups and serve.
- Garnish with extra mint or coriander leaves, if using.
- Alternatively, serve the mince in bowls with the lettuce cups on the side so people can help themselves.
Eat it with your hands like a wrap (I do!) or be more civil and eat witha a spoon!
Happy Clean Eating!!
If you like this Clean Eating Mince Lettuce Cups recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.