Aslam-o-Alakaum My Lovelies !!
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Happy Spring Season!
Spring seems to be here, which is just amazing – I honestly just want to run around outside all day everyday and enjoy the beautiful sunshine! I love how the world changes when the sun comes out, everyone is so much happier and life just seems brighter and more awesome. It’s one of my favorite season of the year because of it’s colors, flowers, birds cheering. What a great blessing of Allah (SWT). Alhumdulillah.
One of the most important things about this season is the positive impact you can make for your health and well being! So, Today I am sharing a SUPER yummy healthy, nutritious pasta recipe that has become a new family favorite around here (jus 237 calories)!!
Chicken Tikka Masala Macaroni (Clean Eating Version)
Chicken tikka Masala works well with macaroni. Who knew?
Normally I’m not a huge pasta lover. But this Chicken Tikka Masala Macaroni is exactly how I like to eat macaroni when I want to follow my clean eating diet and don’t wish to work with many ingredients and want to cook dinner easily! This macaroni is in Pakistani Style, tossed with chicken, tikka marinade, and fresh veggies.
Pretty nutritious isn’t it? Honestly, it’s a dish which will satisfy your taste buds and same time will give you a proper nutritious lunch or dinner.
Yeah, I know you will say’hey, Macaroni is surely not so Asian’, not in clean eating and will give me a doubtful look. But trust me that you will never be disappointed if you will give that Asian twist to any of your dishes.
This Chicken Tikka Masala Macaroni is so easy and will be made with such ingredients, which you can find at your kitchen any time. So surely, it will be a time save too. For clean eating purpose, please make sure you are using whole grain pasta and Organic chicken.
This may not be the more traditional version you’re thinking of, but it’s close enough to get the job done and it definitely qualifies as comfort food.
Serve this decadent dish with a fresh green salad or some lightly steamed broccoli with a squeeze of lemon. By the way, this dish could just as easily be vegetable tikka mac and cheese if you substitute the chicken with some veggies such as cauliflower, zucchini or eggplant instead. Give this unusual recipe a try and let me know what you think! This is sure to be a winner with all the family.
Check it out the Chicken Tikka Masala Macaroni (Clean Eating Version) recipe and printable version below!!
Chicken Tikka Macaroni (Clean Eating Version)
Chicken tikka Masala works well with macaroni. Who knew?This Chicken Tikka Masala Macaroni(Clean Eating Version) is exactly how I like to eat macaroni when I don’t wish to work with many ingredients and I want to cook easily!
- 1 packet whole wheat macaroni
- 500 gm boneless Organic chicken (cubed)
- 1 onion (cubed)
- 1 medium size capsicum (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
Chicken Tikka Marinade
- 2 tablespoon fresh yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon (juice)
- few drops of hot sauce (optional)
- salt to taste
- few green chilies (thinly sliced)
- few coriander leaves (chopped)
- Put marinade ingredients over the chicken cubes. Mix to coat evenly.
- Cover and marinade for 20-30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Meanwhile,boil macaroni to al dente according to instructions on the package. Keep aside.
- Now melt butter in a deep pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Stir fry tikka chunks until they start releasing thier juices.
- Mix well.
- Cover and let it simmer on medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add green chilies, capsicum, onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add macaroni and stir well to coat evenly.
- Turn the heat off and take it out in a serving dish.
- Garnish with green chilies, coriander leaves.
- Your Chicken Tikka Macaroni is ready.
Serve with steamed veggies
Happy Clean Eating!!
If you like this Chicken Tikka Masala Macaroni (Clean Eating Version), Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.