Tawa Gosht is a special Pakistani Restaurant and Roadside dish cooked on a large Iron griddle (tawa) to impart special flavours. A must try recipe !!
This tasty mutton curry is heavily influenced by Pakistani style of cooking. The freshly pounded spices gave it a real authentic flavor. Tender morsels of lean mutton or lamb tossed over an iron skillet with most exotic spices and yogurt, crushed garlic and ginger root, then covered in light tomato onion curry.
After eating it, I often thought to make it at home and finally now I tried and got it very similar to that actual taste. It has a little spicy taste due to use of green chilies. My whole family also like it. You can adjust the seasoning according to your taste. Goes great with Roghni Naan, salad and Mint raita. A scrumptious dinner !!
Check it out the Tawa Gosht Recipe and printable version below!!
- 1 kg lamb or mutton
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup desi ghee
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted cumin
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 4-6 green chilies thinly sliced
- 1 to mato cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoon green coriander chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger julienned
- Place meat in a large bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, cumin, coriander, salt and red chilli powder.Toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Now heat ghee or butter on a large griddle (tawa) over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until they change colour.
- Now add tomatoes and meat.Stir well.
- Cook, covered on very low heat for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Keep stirring occasionally and add little water if mixture begins to stick.
- Cook on high heat for 10 minutes or until all liquids dry off and oil comes on top.
- Sprinkle garam masala over it.
- Garnish with green chillies, fresh green coriander, tomato and ginger slices.Delicious Tawa Gosht is ready to serve. ENJOY 🙂
Serve with naan, salad and mint raita.
If you like this Tawa Gosht Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.