Lahori Nan Khatai
Nan Khatai is an Persian /Indo-Pakistani butter cookie that is made with ghee(clarified butter), sugar, all-purpose flour, gram flour, cardamom, and roasted almonds and pistachios. Do try it.
Check it out the Lahori Nan Khatai Recipe here!!
Lahori Nan Khatai Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup ghee
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 ounce gram flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg yolks light beaten
- Roasted almonds and pistachios as required
- Preheat oven at 190 degree C.
- Pour ghee in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.Beat until light and fluffy.
- Now take a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder,gram flour and baking soda.
- Now fold into ghee mixture.
- Stir in the roasted almonds and pistachios.
- Now roll out the dough, cut into rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Put nan khatai on a greased baking tray.
- Brush them with egg yolks.
- Place baking tray in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Lahori Nan Khatai is ready to serve.
If you like Lahori Nan Khatai Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.And if you know more innovative ways in which we can utilize this sweet and mouth watering Lahori Nan Khatai, do share with us and we would be glad to give it a try.