Suji Halwa with Khoya
You don’t need to wait for an occasion to savor the sweet and creamy Suji halwa with Khoya as it can be prepared at home in just few minutes and does not require any expert cooking skills. This Suji Halwa with Khoya Recipe takes its taste and texture to next level as use of khoya and generous amount of dry fruits provide nice creamy texture while ghee and cardamom provides irresistible aroma.
If you don’t have khoya, then don’t worry, read tips and variations given below to make equally tempting Suji halwa with khoya (mawa). Do try it!!
Check it out the Suji Halwa with Khoya Recipe here!!
Suji Halwa with Khoya Recipe
- 1 cup semolina suji
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup clarified butter or ghee
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup khoya
- 2 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium heat.
- Add cardamom and semolina (suji) and roast it well.
- Add sugar and water. Stir continuously till sugar is dissolved.
- Leave it on low flame for 10 minutes to cook perfectly.
- When ghee comes on top add khoya.Stir well.
- Dish it out. Garnish with nuts. Suji Halwa with Khoya is ready to eat. ENJOY!!
- Replace khoya with 4 tablespoons of dry milk powder and increase amount of sugar.
- It can be served as a dessert or as a sweet accompaniment to main dish.
- Serve it along with puri’s to entertain the guests.
If you like Suji Halwa with Khoya Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.And if you know more innovative ways in which we can utilize this sweet and mouth watering Suji Halwa with Khoya, do share with us and we would be glad to give it a try.