Egg and Chicken Biryani
Biryani: Whenever we hear this word it always gives us a mouth watering feeling. Kids or Adult, boys or girls, Biryani always stands hot favorite for everyone. But its not always possible to go for outside dining. But does that mean we have to compromise with our favorite food? no way.Here is a very simple and quick egg and chicken biryani recipe for you.
This Egg and Chicken Biryani recipe is a customized version of Biryani, mostly in Pakistan you get mutton biryani, beef biryani and chicken biryani, so I tried to make something innovative, so here is Egg and Chicken Biryani with potatoes. Do try this Egg and Chicken Biryani recipe and I am sure that you are going to love this one.
Believe me this is the world’s tastiest biryani, I am eating it right now and the wonderful flavours that are coming are forcing me to eat it more, its lovely,do try this if you really want to enjoy your day. It’s great as leftovers, too!
Check it out the Egg and Chicken Biryani Recipe and printable version below!!
Egg and Chicken Biryani
- 750 gm Basmati Rice
- 500 gm chicken
- 500 gm potatoes
- 1 cup fried onion
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- 6 green chilies thinly sliced
- 6 dried plums
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon hot spices powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black cumin
- 1 teaspoon black peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food color
- Few drops biryani essence
- Rinse rice with few changes of water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Then boiled rice and drain all excess water. Set aside
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add yogurt, black cumin, black pepper, hot spices powder, plums, red pepper powder, star anise, cinnamon stick, ginger garlic paste, and few drops of biryani essence.
- Mix well and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Fry potatoes for 10-12 minutes.Remove from the oil and keep aside.
- Now add marinated chicken. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Now take a heavy bottom skillet, layer rice, chicken masala, fried onions, mint leaves, green chilies, yellow color and boiled eggs.
- Cover the skillet and cook on low flame for 20 minutes or until done.
- Stir well and dish it out. Egg and Chicken Biryani is ready to serve.
Sere with Chatpata Salad.
If you like this Egg and Chicken Biryani Recipe, Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.