Super quick and easy tasty home-made pizza made using shop-bought naan bread; ready in under ten minutes! Yes, This naan bread pizza takes just 10 minutes to make from start to finish – a great quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
Although I do really like making my own pizza from scratch, including the dough; it can be a bit of a faff and takes a while. Not good if you are hungry and craving pizza fast! I am not a fan of shop bought pizza bases, but one really good ready-made solution is naan bread; it makes the perfect pizza base and because it is pre-baked you simply need to melt your cheese to finish off your pizza.
If the first thing you do when you crave pizza is pull out a take-out menu, it’s time to switch things up a bit. Step (leap?) outside of your comfort zone and make your own at home. Don’t worry, this doesn’t require whipping up your own dough and waiting for it to rise (or whatever it’s supposed to do). Now you can use a traditional Asian flatbread, a.k.a. naan, to bring your favorite food to life. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3… literally.
Step one: Buy a piece of naan.
Step two: Top it with delicious ingredients.
Step three: Throw it in the oven. Because ain’t nobody got time to make that dough.
This one is topped simply with pizza sauce, leftover grilled chicken, with some vegetables (onion, sweet corn, green pepper, mushrooms) olives and herbs and chili flakes for flavour; you could also use a sore bough Pizza sauce if you prefer. I use a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses but really you can use whatever kind of cheese you like, or happen to have in the fridge. You can also chuck on some cooked veggies, kebabs or meat (any toppings need to be pre-cooked as the pizza is in the oven for such a short amount of time).
This naan pizza takes just a couple of minutes to assemble then 5-10 minutes in the oven meaning that you can have delicious fresh pizza fast! I like to keep a couple of naan breads in the freezer for this very purpose; you never know when a pizza craving is going to strike!
Bismillah let’s get started
Check it out the Quick and Easy Ten Minute Naan Pizza Recipe here!!
Quick and Easy Ten Minute Naan Pizza Recipe
- 2 Naan Breads
- 1/2 cup grilled chicken cut into strips
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper thinly sliced
- 4 black olives sliced
- 2 tbsp sweet corn optional
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Place naan breads on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle some olive oil on them.
- Spread Pizza Sauce over the naan breads. Sprinkle some oregano and basil.
- Then top with the grilled chicken, veggies (like onion, green pepper, sweet corn, olives).
- Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese over them.
- Cook in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Sprinkle over some basil leaves (if you like) and serve hot.
I have also posted Easiest Bread Pizza and Pizza Sandwiches recipes which are another easiest & tastiest version of making Pizza at home. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.