Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Mince
A simple and nutritious snack, chapati (flatbread) stuffed with spicy mince filling, salad and chutney, perfect for busy morning breakfast and also lunch. Plain chapati’s can often come across as boring and many people turn up their noses at the mere mention of them! So Today, I come up with an innovative way to present chapati’s, that’s filling, nutritious and super yummy.
One of my favorite things to eat is a roll stuffed with goodies.I enjoy food that I can eat with my hands and this dish is no exception. It’s very easy to make and delicious to eat. These chapati rolls is excellent for suhoor meals that can be made quickly with the left over chapati’s.
Also Perfect to bring on a trip or a picnic as they are easy to wrap and taste just as great when eaten lukewarm or chilled. Give a try and enjoy.
Bismillah, let’s get started!
Check it out the Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Mince recipe and printable version below.
Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Mince Recipe
For Mince Stuffing
- 300 gm ground mince
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or butter
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- few mint leaves finely chopped
- few corinader leaves finely chopped
To Make Mince Stuffing
- Heat oil or butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Saute onion for 2-3 minutes. When the onions have softened up but not yet golden in colour add ginger and garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add mince and let it drain out most of the moisture for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add green chilies, red pepper and salt.
- Reduce the heat on low and cover the pan. Let it simmer for 25 minutes or until mince is cooked thorough and all water dries up.
- Remove the lid and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes then add chili garlic sauce and soy sauce.
- Cook 2 minutes longer then turn the heat off.
- Sprinkle mint and coriander leaves.
To Assemble Chapati Rolls
- Reheat chapati's.
- Place chapati on a clean board, spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on it. Then add the mince stuffing across the center.
- Drizzle some mint chutney.
- Sprinkle veggie salad and roll up the chapati.
- Secure with toothpick. Don’t worry if it gets a little messy eating that’s just a art of the fun of eating a roll. ENJOY 🙂
Serve with salad, french fries and chutney.
Or you can serve everything separate and let your guests or family prepare their own stuffed chapati rolls.
- You can also stuff these chapati rolls with chicken or beef mince, or colorful veggies.
- If you prepare the chapatis ahead make sure to store them in an airtight container. If not they will become very hard and dry.
I have also posted Shami Kabab Paratha Rolls Recipe which is another easiest & tastiest version of making Paratha Rolls. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.