Pakoras are fried snack found all across Asia and are preferred most during Ramadan. As we all know Ramadan are just around the corner, and it is the time of the year when one can try something new Pakora recipes.
Below is an easy to make, very interesting Potato Pakora Sticks recipe, you can make these pakora sticks with any seasonal veggies of your choice.
Check it out the Potato Pakora Sticks Recipe here!!
Potato Pakora Sticks Recipe
- 3 potatoes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- a pinch of baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Peel potatoes and cut into thick sticks of equal size.
- In a bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, rice flour, salt, chaat masala, red chili and cumin powder.
- Add water and make a thick batter.
- Now add a pinch of baking powder
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.Check the oil by dropping a drop of the batter in the oil.
- Now dip the potato sticks in the batter and drop it one by one in the hot oil.
- Fry on medium heat for 10 minutes or until it turns crispy and golden brown.
- Take it out on a paper towel to take out the excess oil. Potato Pakora Sticks are ready to nibble anytime.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.