A tasty dinner option for busy nights and with few simple ingredients , prep has never been easier! Take your pizza and give it a roll!
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Does anyone remember those mini pizza bites…? Am I the only one that gobbled up two to three every day as a tea time snack? Well, guess what. These are sooooo much better! And easy to make!
They would be perfect for the friends pizza party because you can fill them individually with a vast array of toppings. They’d also be perfect as an appetizer with a glass of lemonade. In fact, I don’t really know of a time that these pizza rolls is not appropriate, do you?
I didn’t think so.
This Homemade Pizza Roll Recipe is perfect and my family favorites. I used my favorite pizza dough recipe to make these rolls and they turned out beautifully in just over an hour, start to finish. Super fast. You could also make the dough ahead of time and freeze it, which is what I do often!
Let it be known that although the recipe calls for whole wheat flour, more often times than not, I just use all white flour. What can I say? I’m a carb purist.
All you is roll out the Pizza dough, then fill with whatever toppings you choose, rolled into a spiral then baked. I kept things simple with pizza sauce, chicken and mozzarella cheese, few veggies but you could totally go crazy here and add sauteed mushrooms, goat cheese, pepperoni, bits of sausage and even scrambled eggs and cheese. The options are endless!
Pizza sauce is my favorite part about the pizza (besides a crispy crust) and the cheese is Fatima’s & Wahab’s favorite. I fill these pizza rolls with just a little bit of sauce to make them happy and I serve with extra sauce to make me happy. 🙂
Dip until your heart is content!
Check it out the printable version Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe here!!
Homemade Pizza Rolls
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken pieces or mince
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4-5 black olives chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the dough into an 8x12 rectangle.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough to the edges.
- Top with the chicken or mince, then 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, green pepper and olives.
- Sprinkle oregano and basil over it.
- Starting on the long side, roll the dough up to form a log.
- Trim the edges if uneven, then cut the dough into 9 equal slices.
- Place the slices, cut side down, in the prepared baking dish, making 3 rows of 3 rolls each.
- Cover the dish with foil and let it sit to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place the rolls in the preheated oven, still covered, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- The rolls should be browned and the cheese melted.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and red pepper flakes over the top of the rolls, then return to the oven until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Let the rolls cool slightly in the pan, then top with the remaining basil.
- Delicious Homemade Pizza Rolls are ready to serve. ENJOY!
You may use whole wheat pizza dough instead of white flour.
If you prefer, you can bake these rolls in two muffin pans or even a 9x13 baking pan.
Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe with Step by Step Pictorial
Pin it For Later
If you have any question about this Homemade Pizza Rolls Recipe then you can ask by using comment box and I will clarify your confusion.
I have also posted Mini Pizza Cups Recipe and Two Cheese Pizza Recipe which are another easiest & tastiest version of making Pizza. Do check it out as well. It’s finger lickin’ good. You’ll be coming back for more.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.