Pan Fried Fish
This Pan Fried Fish recipe is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and healthy too! Fish Fillets or Fish steaks are pan-fried, searing in the flavors and omega-3 goodness of the fish.
It is pretty simple and fast to put together and differs completely from another pan fried fish I have posted earlier. This Tangy Pan Fried Fish relies on warm flavor of ginger, sharp garlic and the grassy heat of green chillies along with a tang from vinegar and chaat masala. I pan fry the fish in virgin olive oil, you need to try fish cooked in it to know how awesome it tastes but canola or other oil will work fine too.
Check it out the Tangy Pan Fried Fish Recipe and printable version below!!
Tangy Pan Fried Fish
- 1 pound thick fish fillets cleaned (I use mahi mahi fish)
- scant pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- lemon wedges
- grated white radish add pinch of salt and cayenne pepper
- Clean fish properly and pat dry on paper towel or kitchen towels.
- Sprinkle turmeric over the fish fillets and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a medium bowl, mix together the green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, lemon juice, red chili, Dijon mustard, cumin, chaat masala, garam masala powder and salt.
- Rub this marination over the fish fillets.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- When ready to cook, set the fish out of the refrigerator.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle rice flour over the marinated fish.
- Mix until well combined. The liquid in the marinade and from the fish should be enough to moisten the rice flour.
- Pan fry the fish on medium low heat in a single layer, flipping midway to brown on both sides. It took me about 4 minutes per sides.
- Remove from the pan and transfer into a serving platter. Tangy Pan Fried Fish is ready to serve.
Serve immediately with lime wedges and steamed vegetables, brown rice pilaf or lentils.
If you like this Tangy Pan Fried Fish Recipe,Please Subscribe to my blog. I have lots more recipes to share with you. And If you make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.