Garbanzo Beans Chaat ( Clean Eating Version)
Garbanzo Beans or Chickpeas are a nutrient-rich food, providing high amounts of protein, fiber, iron, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B-6 and thiamine, making them a healthy addition to any diet.
They may also help you lose weight, especially if you eat them instead of higher-fat sources of protein like beef, or chicken. They are high in dietary fibre which means it’s harder for the body to digest them, in turn making their glyceminc index low.
Garbanzo Beans Chaat (Black chickpeas) is one of Pakistani’s favorite food made with chickpeas and other spices. Everyone will like it and ask for more when you serve.
I am beginning a journey of Weight Watchers friendly cooking to keep me and my family active and healthy. Garbanzo Beans or Black chickpeas(kala chanas) are good for weight loss. The recipe I am sharing with you today is an all year, all occasion kind of garbanzo bean chaat (kala chana chaat), that works as a great salad, too.
There are so many wonderful textures and flavors in every bite you can’t help but like it. It’s filling, satisfying, and healthy. This salad or chaat looks scrumptious!
Bismillah Let’s get started.
Check it out the Garbanzo Beans Chaat Recipe and printable version below
Garbanzo Beans Chaat Recipe
There are so many wonderful textures and flavors in every bite you can’t help but like it. It’s filling, satisfying, and healthy. This salad or chaat looks scrumptious! Do try it!
- 2 cups boiled black chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans (kala chana)
- 1 potato (boiled and cubed)
- 4 lettuce leaves (chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 to mato (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup tamarind chutney
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (roasted)
- 2 tablespoon mint chutney
- lemon wedge
- Put Garbanzo Beans (kala chana) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, potatoes, onion and tomatoes.
- Season with chaat masala powder and cumin seeds.
- Now stir in the tamarind chutney and mint chutney.Mix until well combined.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Top with lettuce leaves.
- Add papri and Garnish with lemon wedges. Garbanzo Beans Chaat is ready to serve. Kala Chana Chaat is ready to serve.
Serve with mint chutney.
- For weightloss purpose, please skip the papri and potatoes as it will increase the calorie and carb rate.
- For weightloss, add lots of veggies ( like cucumber, carrot, celery etc)
- Actually I add (papri) for my lil brother. I ate this chaat without papri and potato and taste was scrumptious.It was so filling, satisfying and healthy.
If you like this post, Please Subscribe to my blog and let me know your feedback by commenting below.. I have lots more recipes to share with you.