An excellent fried chicken recipe for technique as much as anything, as the few coating ingredients of flour, garlic powder and paprika are not difficult to combine! This fried chicken is crispy and flavorful and great for a picnic.
Any meat eaters who do not like fried chicken? Isn’t chicken awesome? So many ways to cook it! Well here is my version of crispy fried chicken that will absolutely leave you wanting MORE! [highlight]On the PLUS side, it is sooo easy to make _ an absolute no fail recipe[/highlight]. It’s not an exact match for KFC but its fairly close and tastes great. You can also use the mixed spices on chicken, etc. I am still working on perfecting it, messing around with different spices and the amounts but its a good place to start.
With the summer in full swing, this easy fried chicken recipe is suddenly a favorite in the house for quick meals. This fried chicken recipe can be twisted and turned to suit the occasion. Let’s take a break from the everyday fried chicken, and head on down to this quick and easy version of the delectable favorite.
Check it out the Fried Chicken Recipe here!!
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken 3 to 4 pounds, cut up
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Place chicken into the bag, a few pieces at a time.
- Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken for 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and all juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Fried Chicken is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
Serve with Coleslaw salad.