These super crispy, flavorful fried chicken strips are chicken done right. A little garlic and basil in the breading ensures serious taste with your crunch. The breading method itself seals in all those great chicken juices. This’ll result in nice and textural—and crunchy—chicken strips!!
Check it out the fried chicken strips recipe here:
Ready In: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
This recipe make 6 serving(s).
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2-2/3 cups crushed saltines (about 80 crackers)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- oil for frying
- Place saltines, dried basil, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat egg and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken strips into egg mixture then coat with cracker mixture.
- Heat oil in a an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry chicken strips for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Fried Chicken Strips are ready to serve.
- Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.