I’m a big fan of the weekend. I’m most certainly everyone is as well. I mean what is not to love love about the weekend, whether it be a lazy Sunday morning, or the fact that you simply do not have to rush to get to work, only to repeat that routine Monday through Friday. Weekends are important to me just for the simple fact that I can unwind, figure things out on a slower pace, and cook great food.
Is there nothing better than French toast for Sunday breakfast? French toast, also known as eggy bread or gypsy toast.
Today I am sharing a sweet French toast recipe.. Which is my mom’s recipe and I had enjoyed it in my Childhood. This French Toast Recipe uses vanilla extract and cinnamon to bring a richness of flavor. Pick your favorite bread and serve with butter and fresh berries.
Let’s get started.
Check it out the French Toast Recipe and printable version below!!
- 4 bread slices
- 2 eggs. lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoon warm milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- few drops of vanilla essence
- Honey to drizzle
- banana (sliced)
- strawberries (sliced)
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Place on the hot griddle and cook on both sides until golden.
- Remove from the heat and take it out in a serving platter.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Top with strawberry slices. Delicious French Toast is ready to serve. ENJOY!!
- When French toast is served as a sweet dish, milk, sugar, vanilla or cinnamon are also commonly added before pan-frying, and then it may be topped with sugar (often powdered sugar), butter, fruit, or syrup.
- When it is a savory dish, it is generally fried with a pinch of salt, and can then be served with a sauce such as ketchup or mayonnaise.
- Serve with butter and fresh berries.
If you like French Toast Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.And if you know more innovative ways in which we can utilize this sweet and mouth watering French Toast , do share with us and we would be glad to give it a try.
Leave a Reply