Crispy Pyala Chaat
Are you looking for a unique and something special in “Chickpeas Chaat” recipe for party? Also learn how to make crispy bowl for serving hmm interesting so must try this super unique and delicious crispy pyala chaat, this will surely surprise your guests with its addictive flavour and texture!
Check it out the Crispy Pyala Chaat Recipe here!!
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 kg chickpeas
- 2 boiled potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- salt according to taste
- oil for frying
- pastry strips, for serving
For Green Chutney:
- 1/2 cup tamarind paste
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 6 green chilies
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
For Special Masala:
- 2 tbsp all spice
- 2 tbsp whole black pepper
- 3 pepli
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- chat masala according to taste
To Prepare the chickpeas:
- Soak chickpeas overnight with 1 tsp baking soda.
- Now place pre-soaked chickpeas in a large pot.
- Also salt and ground turmeric.
- Boil for 1 hour or until lentils and chickpeas are tender.
- Now add potatoes and cooked for 2-3 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
To Make Special Masala:
- Place all masala ingredients in a grinder.
- Process until grind together.
- Special masala is ready now.
To Make Green Chutney:
- Put coriander, mint leaves, green chilies, tamarind paste, sugar and salt in a blender.
- Process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Green Chutney is ready now.
- Heat oil in a deep wok or karahi over medium heat.
- Place a pastry strip in a sieve.
- Cover the sieve with another one and deep fry pastry for 1-2 minute
- Repeat this procedure with remaining pastry strips.
- Put 3 tbsp chickpeas mixture in each fried pastry strip.
- Sprinkle chat masala and special masala over it.
- Also add whipped yogurt, prepared green chutney, onions, tomatoes and coriander.
- Crispy Pyala Chaat is ready to serve.
- Serve with chutney.
If you like Crispy Pyala Chaat Recipe and make it then let me know your feedback by commenting below.