Bhindi Pyaz is a spicy veggie curry made from onion, okra and some spices. It is very easy and quick to make so you can make it on everyday basis. This Bhindi Pyaz is very healthy and taste so delicious. Goes great with chapati or tandoori roti. Give it a try!!
Photo: Bhindi Pyaz (Sautéed Okra with Onions)
Check it out the Bhindi Pyaz Recipe here!!
Bhindi Pyaz Recipe
- 500 gm lady finger
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Slit lady finger half lengthwise. If too long cut into 3-inch long pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add ladyfinger, stir fry till it is crisp.
- If overdone it will turn blackish, is underdone it will be sticky.
- Remove from pan, keep aside till required.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan, stir fry onions till golden brown.
- Keep aside in pan till required.
- Just before serving, heat onions in pan. Add all other seasoning, stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add lady finger,red chili powder, salt, stir and transfer into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander. Delicious Bhindi Pyaz is ready to serve.
Serve hot and crisp with roti or parathas.