Ingredients for Almond Halwa:
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of ghee
- 1/2 tsp of saffron
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of water
How to make Almond Halwa:
- Boil 2 cups of water and add badam to it.
- Let it boil for 5 mins then allow it to cool.
- Peel off the skin by pressing the badam.
- Grind it by adding milk.
- Add milk little by little so that u get a good paste.
- It should neither be too watery nor too hard.
- Soak saffron in 1/2 cup of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Now mix one cup of sugar to 1/2 cup water.
- Add the saffron water to it.
- Allow the mixture to boil , keep stirring till you get a single thread consistency.
- Now add the Almond paste keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
Add little ghee from time to time.
- Continue the process at least 20 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Take into a serving bowl.
- Almond Halwa is ready to serve.